Tennis elbow refers to an injury faced by tennis players. This may be a chronic or even temporary pain. The irony is that majority people who are not into playing tennis also face this problem of tennis elbow. However, to cure tennis elbow, you can adopt simple conservative steps or consult a doctor and go for his medications.
There are ways to prevent tennis elbow. Being a tennis player, it is expected that one may get affected with tennis elbow. Luckily, there are methods that cure tennis elbow offering relief. Of course, people facing tennis elbow, need to give maximum rest to their arm.
Above all, nobody wants to suffer with tennis elbow and following some of the tips can help in preventing tennis elbow.
- Staying in perfect shape is one of the important tools.
- Avoid overworking on your elbow. Even if you are an excellent player and you are unable to play for a while, take it easily. A little rest will allow you to play better after sometime.
- Strengthening the muscles especially of your arm takes away the stress on your elbow. Hence, strengthen your upper back and shoulder to reduce the stress.
- Avert overusing of your arm as it can injure your tendon. Take lots of breaks whenever possible.
- Lifting things with palms facing your body helps to cure tennis elbow and in reducing the strain.
- Stretch prior to playing or participating in any activity causing pain.
- Use equipments that are not too heavy for your strength and ability.
- Ensure that your technique is better and poses less risk to injure yourself.
- Try a counterforce brace such that it is worn below your elbow.
On feeling the pain take steps to cure tennis elbow. You can apply ice on the affected area, take enough breaks, listen to your body and spend some time stretching your muscles.